Devon and Wales are popular local venues for PBCC whitewater trips. Accommodation is generally bunkhouses or camping.
Whatever your ability, we always try to make it a fun weekend.
See the Events page for forthcoming venue and dates. White water rivers are graded, see here for more
Whitewater trips are only available for paid up Members in order for the club to be covered by it’s insurance.
The following Equipment can be hired by Members from the club:
- Buoyancy aid/BA
Below is a basic list of things you will need, though it is worth asking the trip organiser if there is anything specific needed.
- Wetsuit or dry suit
- Dry cag/Spray top
- Wicking T-shirt and warm fleece top
- Neoprene booties
- Post paddling clothes and towel (not all of your time will be in a boat)
- A small ‘dry bag’ or waterproof box to put spare clothes, snacks, car keys etc inside the kayak. (Needs to be tied in)
- Some snacks and a hot drink in a stainless steel flask for on the water
- Nose clip; if you use one
- Pogies (nylon or neoprene mittens) or Neoprene gloves
- Scull cap; neoprene or similar to keep your head warm
- Some people use ear-plugs to keep cold water out of your ears, but you need to be able to hear instructions from the leader